Pages

I am in Kenya volunteering for Agape in Action. Thanks for checking out my blog, feel free to add your comments!

Thursday 17 September 2015

Time to say goodbye again...

"Mum!"
I hear the voice calling across the yard and even though that is really not a title I should be responding to at this stage in my life I know they are wanting my attention. I turn and see Tom's face broken into a wide grin. He sees my hands full with things to pack and his face falls. 'Mum... don't leave us!' 
I try to smile at him and tell him not to worry- I will come back! 
Some of the smaller girls gather around and join the catch-cry 'don't go Tabby, don't leave us!'

I walk around the compound going through the motions of packing up my stuff, sorting out clothes to give to the kids and finishing up some random chores.There is a big farewell today and all the kids are hard at work, peeling potatoes, chopping up a goat and rolling out dough for over 100 chapattis, there is such a feeling of camaraderie around the place that it makes leaving so much harder.


Yes Kenya is unthinkably frustrating, there are so many sad things, so many difficult things, so many tears, so much corruption and so much anger... yet there is also so much need, so many people to help, so much good that can be done! 

Once again as I leave here to head home for family weddings, I don't know when I will be here again or what God has planned for me, but I do have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that my feet will be back on Kenya soil in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment