Pages

I am in Kenya volunteering for Agape in Action. Thanks for checking out my blog, feel free to add your comments!

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Sad Realities

One of the things I noticed on my last trip was how much the students love photos! Without many mirrors around the place at all, many people don’t actually have much of a gauge of what they actually look like.

I decided to print out some of my favourite pictures from my last trip to give to some of the students who I had gotten to know well. One of these was for a first form girl ‘Prisca’ who was one of the most friendly, hospitable and outreaching on my last trip- even to the extent of bringing me her pegs when she saw I was hanging my clothes without them.

One of the other students flicking through my photos stopped when she got to the one of Prisca and I outside the school, ‘this girl got lost’ she informed me in a matter of fact way. I was quite confused as to what she meant and questioned further, only to find out that she hasn’t been seen since August and even her parents have no idea where she is.

So tragic and heartbreaking. Hoping and praying that this beautiful girl is actually ok and out there somewhere! Keep her in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment