Pages

I am in Kenya volunteering for Agape in Action. Thanks for checking out my blog, feel free to add your comments!

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Nutrition Drink

Western Kenya is a very poor part of the country. Many of the people struggle to find enough food on a daily basis and the children are often malnourished. 
Setting up a nutrition drink program for the local community children was a highlight of my last trip and thanks to many of your generous donations for my 21st we have raised almost $5000 to keep the program going.

It is amazing to see every Sunday morning the children lining up for their nutrition drink, just near the volunteers house- they actually sit in our garden to drink it :)
Some carry their younger siblings, others bring along empty coke bottles to save some of their rations for later, all are grinning and chatting excitedly in expectation. 
Seeing what an impact your funds are having is amazing and heart warming. The fundraiser is still open and if you are able to contribute, know it is much appreciated and truly going to those in need! 

http://www.agapeinaction.com/tabbys_page.html 

 'I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink...as you did it into one of the least of these my brothers, you did it unto me' Matt 25:35-40. 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment